1. Participating banks and credit unions offer Veterans Family Fund™ CDs. Interest rates may vary. Each participating financial institution determines the rate it offers during the term of the CD. The standard term is for six months (your financial institution may choose a shorter term).
2. You sign an agreement at the time you purchase the CD, directing the financial institution to forward one-half of the interest earned, at maturity, to the Veterans Family Fund to benefit veterans and their families in need.
3. The bank or credit union forwards this portion of the earned interest to the Veterans Family Fund along with your name and address. (Your tax identification information is collected for accounting and tax purposes only; it will remain private and will not be sold or shared with any third party.)
4. At the end of the year, the Veterans Family Fund issues a receipt for your tax-deductible contribution equal to the one-half of the interest earned for your tax filing; the financial institution will send you and the IRS a statement for the full amount of the interest earned, as with any other CD.
5. There is another way to make a donation that will make a difference. Amounts less than $100 can be donated at any participating financial institution to be forwarded to the Veterans Family Fund as a cash contribution. You’ll receive a receipt for your charitable contribution. You can also donate on-line with the "Donate Now" botton. You will receive a receipt for your tax records.